- Put a male and a female in a pen.
- Pen needs to be large enough to fit the two of them but small enough for them not to move away from each other.
- Enable wander on both dinosaurs and the dinosaurs will being to mate.
- If the dinosaur lays an egg, check the egg to ensure that it says “incubating”. Too Hot – Place the egg somewhere cooler / closer to an air conditioner unit / Too Cold – Place the egg somewhere warmer / closer to a lit fire (or a handful of fires)
- If the dinosaur gestates keep an eye on the mother until the baby appears between the mothers hind legs.
- Once the baby appears, press “E” to imprint / claim it.
- Place food in it’s inventory until it reaches the juvenile stage and can feed itself from a trough.
Now for a little more detail for people!
Place a male and female dinosaur on wander. It’s best to do this while the dinosaurs are locked in a pen together. The female will show a “mating status” on her hover over, much like when taming. Once the bar has completed an egg will drop with a red alpha glow. It will also state that it is a “Fertilized”. Fertilized eggs do not stack in the inventory with each other or non-fertilized eggs. They can be eaten as normal egs, so be careful. The eggs show the parents as well as their levels when it was born. Eggs also have a health bar that decreases if they are left in the wild in the wrong temperature.
The female will begin a cool down for when she can next mate while the male is free to mate again with another female of the same species. The timer can be seen by hovering over the dinosaur and looking at the lower right hand side of the box.
The egg will then need to be incubated at the correct temperature (see table here). Once the yellow taming bar has gone all the way to the left the baby will hatch. You need to watch the eggs to sure that they aren’t taking damage due to incorrect climate. Depending on where your base is you may have to heat the egg via fires or cool it down via air conditioners. Alternatively, you can transport the egg while holding it in your inventory to hatch somewhere with an acceptable climate. If the egg is kept at the incorrect temperature for too long, it will lose health. When the health reaches zero, the egg expires and disappears. You can alter the temperature of the environment by placing fires and an air conditioning unit at the same time.
To make sure you’re in the correct natural temperature, press “H”. You need to go by the climate, not your characters temperature found in your “inventory” page.
If you succeed in hatching the egg, you will hear a soft “cracking” egg sound. Immediately press “E” to claim the dinosaur then place food in the inventory of the baby dinosaur. At first, it will only hold a handful of food. As it feeds, it can hold more. This needs to happen very quickly, if the baby dinosaur doesn’t receive food within the first few moments of it’s life, it will die.
Should the baby not require an egg and just appear from the mother, the exact same technique is required in order to raise the baby. Claim it and then slide food into the inventory as quickly as possible.
You will need to continue sliding food into it’s inventory until it reaches the Juvenile stage. Once it reaches the Juvenile stage, it will feed from the Feeding Trough / Food Bin. It will continue to grow until it reaches adulthood.
There are three stages that the dinosaur must go through before it reaches maturity, baby, juvenile and adolescent. If there is any combat near the dinosaur during any of these stages, it will flee.
2,037 total views, 11 views today